3:19 PM

Single and Shopping


In following through with yet another New Years resolution (to actually cook at home), I spent some time in Trader Joe's today. I swear that every time I am in that store, I am reminded that I am buying for one -- and , dare I say it -- SINGLE.

I turn down the aisle on a quest for jasmine rice and I face them - a blissfully happy couple hugging after just grabbing the last box of porcini risotto. I get it that they found someone, but do they have to flaunt it right there next to the boxed soups? They're so excited about their find that they fail to step aside for the party of one rolling through. I get that now they need to buy that extra bag of arugula b/c he and his honey are having their couple friends over for dinner, but show some restraint.
I suppose it's the universe's way of letting me know that it is possible to find someone. I just haven't ... yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since reading this, I've noticed an unnecessary amount of affection throughout the aisles of TJ's, and have therefore instituted a "no touching" rule while shopping at Trader Joe's with Morgan :)

Mary said...

Baby, I'm so glad to hear that. The singles get depresssed!!!