11:36 AM

No More Unavailable Men

Hi Mary! I spent last night bonding with my girls from book club, and I had a mini-epiphany. Here I am, in my 30s single, and all my younger Marys (barely half way through their 20s) are all in these healthy relationships with great guys. What's the common denominator you ask? They're dating AVAILABLE men and they believe they're worth it.


Now I'm not quite sure why I seem to draw in the guys who forget to call, are in "complicated" relationships, or can't be bothered to spend the night, but it's a new year and I'm ready for a new type of man. I'm done with giving guys second chances, and ultimately being disappointed.


As one of my younger Marys last night said "If the guy isn't pursuing you, then he's just not the one for you." It sounds like a pretty simple piece of advice to abide by, but all the single ladies out there understand that it's harder than that. It's like you lie to yourself, telling yourself that sometimes things can be bumpy. Maybe he's not calling like you'd want, but maybe you need to be more casual? My response? Fuck that. I want a guy who has the decency to return a phone call, or better yet not hang out with me if he's not sure.


In the meantime, I'll be the one of the few single ladies going to see "He's Just Not That Into You" on Sunday, amidst a sea of 20-somethings who haven't had a decade of bad dating behind them. But you know what? Good for them!


0 comments: