2:19 PM

Mary & Tita Mary's Skinny Love While Road Tripping

I recently took a road trip with my Tita Mary to Monterey. And it was everything a good girlie road trip should be: celebrity gossip, discussion of our family dynamics, deconstructing our mutual therapist, catching up on her recent beau, car game A to Z, analysis of my "maybe friend, maybe potential boy obsessee -but really hoping for him to be miracle boyfriend", and music swapping ("oh, who's this band? i really like them. Well, have you heard this one?")

Well, she played a song I absolutely loved called "Skinny Love" by Bon Iver. I immediatley downloaded it when I got home and i can't stop listening to it.

It's actually about love gone sour -- so it's great to have on your depressing playlist for "boy just out-of-the-blue stopped calling me" moments. But, I'm hoping I don't have any of those in 2009!

Check them out on Letterman here!




Anyone else have any good ones to recommend?

0 comments: